The Ayr Skating Club (www.ayrskatingclub.com) is a Skate Canada-sanctioned, volunteer-run club at the North Dumfries Community Complex in Ayr, Ontario (Region of Waterloo). Since 1970, we have been running programs suitable for everyone from beginner (children and adult) to the most skilled skater.
We are actively seeking a Regional Coach to join our team starting for the 2020/2021 Season.
The Ayr Skating Club runs sessions from September to May and offers programs 4 days a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening; and Saturday mornings. We also offer morning and afternoon practice ice opportunities 2-3 days each week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who embraces a team coaching environment and can collaboratively lead the development of skaters at all levels.
- Skate Canada professional with a NCCP Regional Coach or higher status; Regional Coach in-training will be considered if certification is expected to be completed in the 2020/2021 skating season.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to let us know!
Latest Jobs at this Club
CanSkate/STARSkate Support Coach- Ayr Skating Club Posted Mar 30, 2020