The Colborne Cramahe Figure Skating Club is proud to offer quality skating instruction for all ages and abilities. We deliver programming PreCanSkate , CanSkate and STAR Program, We are looking to hire one (1) coach to instruct during the upcoming season, beginning in October 2019 and running until the end of March, 2020 as follows:
Ideal candidates will:
- Be enthusiastic, positive and work well in a team environment;
- Have experience working with children and be comfortable teaching skaters of varying abilities and ages;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Understand current CanSkate programming, teaching with progressions and assessment;
- Be trained in the new Star program; and
- Help plan, organize and participate in club events
- Regional Coach In-Training status or higher
● Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
● In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume to Veronica Bond, President CCFSC at