CanSkate Coaches at the Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club
Number of Positions:
The Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club (KWSC) is seeking candidates to join our CanSkate coaching team. KWSC operates primarily out of the Manulife Financial Sportsplex/RIM Park in Waterloo Ontario. The Club delivers programs in eight different locations across Kitchener and Waterloo. KWSC has earned the official Skate Canada designation of CanSkate Excellence- Exceeded.
KWSC is in search of coaches to deliver Skate Canada’s flagship program to teach children how to skate. KWSC only offers these CanSkate programs by following a quality CanSkate curriculum designed by Skate Canada. KWSC offers 20+ CanSkate programs a week through the fall and winter skating seasons, 10+ through the spring skating season, and 5+ in the summer skating season. Typically, CanSkate coaching shifts comprise of a 2 – 4 hour block of time, over various sessions, in the same rink.
Coaches must embrace our Club’s “skater first” philosophy, and be motivated to offer high quality programming.
- Preference given to those who are already a registered coach with Skate Canada for the 2022/2023 (KWSC is now offering financial incentives for coaches who are not yet certified, but are planning on becoming certified).
- Must be in good standing with Skate Canada
- Minimum CanSkate In Training certification required
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Valid First Aid Certificate
Coaches have a complimentary membership to the Skating Club’s gym in the Manulife Sportsplex (called the Athletic Centre). Family members offered a gym membership at 50% off.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their resume to the CanSkate Coordinator, Steven Adcock at firstname.lastname@example.org