Hamilton Skating Club
25 Hester Street, Hamilton, ON, Canada
CanSkate Coach Certified
Hamilton Skating Club- 25 Hester Street, Hamilton, ON
Anticipated Start Date:
June 2, 2023
June 15, 2023
Number of Positions:
CanSkate Coaches- Hamilton Skating Club
Job Posting: Effective immediately
Hamilton Skating Club seeks CanSkate Coaches for the upcoming 2023 Summer skating season.
HSC’s recreational programs run five days a week- Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday We offer PreCanSkate, CanSkate, GroupStar as well as Teen/Adult programs September thru April. HSC coaches are directly supported by our Program Director on and off the ice.
The coach must be available specifically for Friday, Saturday and Sunday programming.
The candidate should be enthusiastic, motivated, supportive and encouraging to HSC athletes and willing to work in a collaborative team environment.
The candidate must be willing to work closely with HSC’s Director of Recreation and coaches, the Operations Manager as well as with the Board of Directors.
– NCCP CanSkate- In Training status or higher
– Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
– In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good standing, the following is required:
1. Must hold a valid First Aid Certificate
2. Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the Coach.
3. NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
4. Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
5. Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be recertified in this training every 3 years.
6. Excellent team-building, communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume electronically to:
Mariessa Startek, President – firstname.lastname@example.org