The Georgina Skating Club is proud to offer quality skating instruction for all ages and abilities since 1966! With locations in Keswick and Sutton, we deliver programming in CanSkate, STAR Program, Adult, Competitive Skate and Synchronized Skating. We are looking to hire up to two (2) coaches to instruct during the upcoming season, beginning in September, 2019 and running until the end of March, 2020 as follows:
- Up to one (1) STARSkate coach (certified as a Regional Coach or higher); and
- Up to one (1) CanSkate coach.
There is also a possibility of additional coaching through both our ice show season (March until April, 2020) as well as our spring session (May until June, 2020).
Ideal candidates will:
• Be willing to coach in both our Sutton and Keswick locations;
• Be enthusiastic, positive and work well in a team environment;
• Have experience working with children and be comfortable teaching skaters of varying abilities and ages;
• Have excellent communication skills;
• Understand current CanSkate programming, teaching with progressions and assessment;
• Be trained in the new Star program; and
• Help plan, organize and participate in club events (theme days, performance days etc.).
● CanSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher (as applicable to the position)
● Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
● In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a part of our dynamic coaching team at the Georgina Skating Club, please forward your resume for consideration to Julia Wilson, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.