The Prescott Figure Skating Club is seeking a Canskate Coach to join our team for the Fall & Winter 2021/2022 Season and beyond. PFSC currently offers Pre-CanSkate/CanSkate/Pre-STARSkate sessions, Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings, October to March, at the Ingredion Centre in Cardinal, Ontario.
PFSC has been offering skating programs to Prescott and area skaters for over 50 years, from beginner to elite competitive skaters. In 2018, our long time home arena closed. Our club has persevered with the support of a dedicated board of directors and coaching staff. We are in an active rebuilding phase as we enthusiastically look forward to 2022/23, when we will return to Prescott, moving into the brand new Alaine Chartrand Community Recreation Complex, where we will offer expanded programming Monday, Wednesday, Friday evenings and Saturday mornings.
We are looking for an individual who embraces a positive team coaching environment, working enthusiastically towards the development of our young skaters, and contributing to the growth of the club.
- CanSkate or Regional Coach In-Training status or higher;
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
- Record of Experience skating and coaching.
How to Apply
To apply, please send resumes and inquiries to email@example.com
Deadline: August 31, 2021.