Walkerton Figure Skating Club operates out of the Walkerton/Brockton Municipal Arena. We are a growing club with a wide range of skaters in both ages and interests. WFSC is looking for CanSkate, CanPower and STARSkate coaches for the 2020/2021 season. Our skating sessions runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, from September until end of April. The Club installed a Jump Harness in 2018. We also operate a very successful PreCan Program throughout the skating season, which helps further strengthen our CanSkate and STARSkate programs.
We are looking for coaches who are motivated, enthusiastic professionals with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. They must be passionate about the CanSkate program, to help our club continue to grow and succeed. CanPower is a new addition to our upcoming season, so being Power Trained would be a great benefit for the applicant (but not mandatory).
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
CanSkate Coach (certified), with experience
Region Coach “in-training” status or higher, with experience coaching STARSkate
CanPower Coach (certified) with experience is beneficial, but not mandatory for application
How to Apply
Submit resumes and any inquiries via email to: email@example.com
Attention to: Kristine Kraemer, President WFSC