The Schreiber – Terrace Bay FSC is currently seeking a club coach for the 2020-21 season. Our Club is young and energetic and looking forward to growing with a new coach.
Candidates must be a CanSkate Certified coach or higher and registered in good standing with Skate Canada. If possible, candidates should be StarSkate Certified or working towards certification to support our StarSkate group. We have a large number of registered skaters in our CanSkate program, in addition to a small but dedicated and highly talented group of StarSkaters.
The Club provides programming from October to April. This includes approximately 12 – 15 hours of ice time per week, dependent on arena schedules and registration.
- CanSkate Coach Trained status or higher
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
For more information about our Club, follow us and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/STBFSC/.
Schreiber, Terrace Bay, and the surrounding area are fantastic communities for anyone looking to relocate or for someone already living here but looking for a new opportunity. For more information about our communities, please visit http://www.schreiber.ca/ and http://www.terracebay.ca/.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter and resumes to:
Schreiber-Terrace Bay Figure Skating Club
c/o Lindsay Costa
P.O. Box 337,
Schreiber, ON P0T 2S0
no later than August 14, 2020
Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at email@example.com .