The Crystal Ridge Skating Club is actively seeking a CanSkate in-training or higher NCCP Certified Coach for the upcoming 2019-2020 season.
The Crystal Ridge Skating Club offers skating programs at two different locations in the Fort Erie area, at both the Crystal Ridge Arena and the Fort Erie Leisureplex. Our programming includes Canskate and Starskate.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic team player to join our coaching staff. Applicants must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with skaters, parents, fellow coaches and the Board of Directors.
- CanSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher to be eligible to coach on CanSkate sessions or Regional Coach In-Training or higher to be eligible to coach on both CanSkate and STAR sessions and meet all other coach registration requirements listed below.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Regional Coach In-Training or higher.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can forward resumes to the Crystal Ridge Skating Club at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants are asked to submit a copy of their NCCP coaching credentials and a list of references.