Contract Job Opportunity August 26– August 29, 2019
Choreographer / Artist Director
STARSkate Stars On Ice Summer Camp, CFSC – RIM PARK, Waterloo
Contract amount $1800
Kitchener-Waterloo Skating Club is accepting applications for the role of Artistic Director for our “STARSkate Stars on Ice” Camp. This camp will be hosted at the Carolyn Fedy Skating Centre in Waterloo from Mon August 26th – Thurs Aug 29th from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
The Artistic Director will plan and produce 4 full days of on and off ice activities culminating in a small ice show. Skaters enrolled in the camp will pick music, plan simple costumes and create numbers that reflect the skater’s skill level. These groups will come together on the 4th day of camp to perform as a “cast”.
The Artistic Director will be required to work with the skaters during approximately 18-22 hours of ice time and plan and oversee the off ice activity. We are focusing on the skaters having fun, using their skating skills and being involved in the decisions in the development of the show. The Artistic Director will select and direct 2 to 4 senior skaters (pending registered # of skaters) as program assistants on-site, working both on and off the ice with the skaters.
The ideal candidates will at a minimum possess the following qualifications:
- Skate Canada Professional with a NCCP Regional Coach In-Training status or higher and member in good standing.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Regional Coach In-Training or higher.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
For more information please visit http://www.kwsc.org/news/latest-news/.
How to Apply
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the KWSC office addressed to Pat teBoekhorst.
To apply please include in your resume your show experience as a Director/Coach, teaching level, possible theme ideas and other creative suggestions and appropriate references. Applications are requested on or before April 29, 2019.
Latest Jobs at this Club
Executive Director- Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club Posted Jun 25, 2019