The Fort Henry Heights Skating Club is proud to offer quality skating instruction for all ages and abilities since 1965! We are seeking a Skate Canada Professional Coach in good standing with a Club Coach: CANSkate In-Training status or higher for the 2019/2020 season for our Adult/Teen CANSkate Program as well as a Subsititue coach for our regular CANSkate sessions.
Our Adult/Teen CANSkate session runs Saturday evenings and our CANSkate sessions run Saturday and Sunday mornings from October to March.
Interested Applicants must
- Have a love for coaching
- Have a solid understanding for the CANSkate programming including assessment protocol
- Be comfortable teaching skaters of varying abilities and ages
- Have a strong understanding for teaching with progressions
- Have excellent communication skills
- Able to work as a team with fellow coaching staff
- CANSkate In-Training NCCP status or higher.
- Registered: to be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” In the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.