All clubs have the option to hold a virtual/on-line AGM. Clubs will need to ensure that all aspects of their virtual AGM follow the process laid out in their by-laws, ensuring members have opportunity to contribute to the discussion on agenda items.
Clubs have a 15-month window to host your AGM from their last meeting. If that window fall within the state of emergency in Ontario, the club will have an extension of 90 days from the date the state of emergency is lifted by the province.
- For example: Skate Ontario held our 2019 AGM on Saturday June 15, 2019. We must hold our 2020 AGM before September 15, 2020. Should the state of emergency be in effect until September 30, 2020; Skate Ontario will have until December 29, 2020 to host our AGM should we wish.
Clubs and schools are to contact Skate Canada at email@example.com for the most up to date information on participant fees.
The lifting of the suspension of Skate Canada activities means that where municipal and provincial regulations and local public health guidelines permit, Skate Canada sanctioned activities may begin across the country. For skating to resume, Skate Canada Sections, clubs and skating schools must have the permission of the jurisdiction they are located in. This means that all members and registrants must follow the precautions outlined by their provincial and municipal governments and their local venue operators.
Skate Canada sanctioned activities are any programs delivered by Skate Ontario clubs and coaches. This would include training and/or competitions in Competitive Skate, STARSkate, Collegiate Skate, SynchroSkate, AdultSkate, Special Olympics and the delivery of the programs – CanSkate and CanPowerSkate.
To view our season planning resources page including performance and development opportunities, planning resources/tools and sanction guideline information, please click here.
- Skate ON events are meant to give skaters meaningful performance opportunities as we return to skating this season in Ontario
- It is important to note that Skate ON events will look and feel different from previous Skate Ontario events
- Skate ON events will not be considered as qualifying events for Skate Ontario Provincial Championships
- Skaters will perform on-site at the event venue. Officials will be located off-site and will score the event virtually. The event will be professionally videotaped, and recordings of each skater’s program will be uploaded and made available to assigned officials. Results will be produced by Data Specialists.
- Skaters will receive a ranking and a Skater Detail report card
- Results will be posted online after the event is completed and communicated to the participants, within timelines to be determined.
- Skaters will not receive medals or scores on site. Medals will be shipped to medalists’ home club.
To view the Return to Competition Protocols, please click here.
Yes, all Evaluators need to complete the Skate Ontario COVID-19 Waiver and these will be directly collected by Skate Ontario. Assessment Coordinators do not need to ask Evaluators to complete these.
It is recommended that Evaluators complete the Health Screening Questionnaire 48 hrs prior to the scheduled Assessment Day. If an Evaluator answers “Yes” to any of these questions, they are not permitted to participate in any on-ice or off-ice club/skating school activities.
The Health Screening Questionnaire must also be completed upon arrival at the arena on the day of the Assessment Day .
Dances can be shadowed for Assessment Days, however a physical distance of 2 metres must be maintained.
Lockdown (grey) Zones:
- No Assessment Days may be held
- Assessment Days should only involve skaters from the same region/municipality
- Evaluators must be from the host club/skating school’s region/municipality
- For example, an Assessment Day in Halton may only use an Evaluator who lives in Halton Region
- Assessment Days may involve skaters from other regions/municipalities
- Evaluators may be from other regions/municipalities
Check out our Assessment Day and Assessment Information page here.