Skate Ontario is committed to providing meaningful competitive opportunities that meet the needs of a full spectrum of skater levels and interests across the province of Ontario.
As Skate Ontario continues to work towards making improvements to the event calendar, we want to highlight changes for the 2020-21 season event framework. These changes are reflected in the released bid packages.
- Addition of STAR 5 – Gold supplementary categories in greater Toronto area competitions
- Addition of Artistic in greater Toronto area competitions
- Addition of ice dance and pairs at Milton Super Series
- Strategic placement of disciplines – pairs and ice dance
- Increased opportunities in performance time windows (November-December, January-February)
- Synchronized skating overlap decreased
- New Timmins area STAR 1-4 series competition
- New London area Super Series with STAR 1-4 categories
- New Niagara area STAR 1-4 series competition
- New North Bay-Sudbury area STAR 1-4 series competition
- Moving Adult Championships back to Niagara area
- Updated bidding area boundary maps
In order to take advantage of all of these changes, it is imperative that we have host clubs for all events listed in the respective bid packages. In other words, we need you!
We encourage all eligible clubs to submit a bid. The link to apply is within each bid package. The application deadline is Sunday, February 2 at 11:59 pm ET.