Each year, Skate Ontario hosts a provincial training camp to help prepare skaters for the upcoming competitive season. Skaters are invited based on set criteria and their performance during the previous year. They receive specialized instruction from experts on and off the ice during an intense weekend of training.
This year’s camp will be held July 2nd to 4th at RIM Park in Waterloo, Ontario. The main on-ice coaches are Jeffrey Buttle for singles, Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon for dance, and Doug Ladret for pairs.
Information for Participants:
Please download the following documents:
- Groups (Updated June 22nd.)
- Schedule (Updated June 22nd. Subject to change)
- Fitness Testing Forms and Waiver
Registration for the PTC will begin at 1pm on Friday, July 2nd.
- Please review and complete the fitness testing forms and waiver (for those athletes who participated at the Canada Winter Games Prospect Camp in January (2010) you only need to sign the waiver).
- Please bring these forms to registration on July 2nd.
- Please bring appropriate clothing and footwear for the fitness testing.
- Please bring your own water bottle.
The PTC will take place at RIM Park in Waterloo at 2001 University Avenue East. Get directions from Google Maps.
As a reminder, Skate Ontario will provide the following meals during the seminar:
- Friday evening dinner
- Saturday lunch
- Sunday lunch
A block of rooms has been set aside at the Best Western St. Jacobs Country Inn in Waterloo (519 884 9295). If you require a room and have not already done so, please call to make your reservation as soon as possible (be sure to ask for the Skate Ontario rate).
That’s all for now. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any changes in the schedule or other aspects of the seminar will be communicated over the next month.
Skate Ontario, Skating Programs Committee Chairman