Skate Ontario is pleased to announce three (3) training days for Pre-Juvenile and Juvenile plus STAR 5 to Gold level skaters throughout the province in the month of January. Additionally we have four (4) training days for Pre-Juvenile, Juvenile and STAR 5 to Gold level skaters in February 2019.
The purpose of a training day is to create an efficient atmosphere for athletes to gain experience and use in their own training environments. Building a solid foundation, basics, and the importance of fitness are other key components included in the day. Throughout the on-ice sessions, skaters will be under the supervision of their respective coach. Skate Ontario sport staff will outline the parameters for each training day and a national level judge will be present for on-ice sessions and will conduct a portion of the off-ice workshops.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 – Bowmanville
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 – Haggersville
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – Ridgetown
- Friday, February 1, 2019 – Sudbury
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019 – Nepean
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019 – Newmarket ***revised as of December 10***
- Monday, February 18, 2019 – Amherstburg
Time: 8:00am – 3:00pm (with the exception of Sudbury which will run 9:00am – 4:00pm)
Cost: $90.00 per training day
Registration deadline for January Training Days:
- Bowmanville, Haggersville & Ridgetown – December 14, 2018 @ 3:00pm EST
Registration deadline for February Training Days:
- Sudbury & Nepean – January 4, 2019 @ 3:00 pm EST
- Newmarket & Amherstburg – January 11, 2019 @ 3:00 pm EST
Please note each training day is limited to a maximum of 35 skaters, minimum of 30 skaters (2 groups).
A coach must be present for all or part of the on-ice sessions.
To register please click here.
Should you have any questions, please contact Patricia Glenwright, Coordinator for Sport Development at 416-564-7297 or email@example.com.