The University of Toronto is seeking a candidate to fill the volunteer position of Head Coach for the Varsity Blues FigureSkating program.
Figure Skating is in the Blue & White Division of the University of Toronto intercollegiate sport model and operates from October 1st to the Ontario University Athletics (OUA) Championships in February annually.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of Blue & White Division, Clubs, and Tri‐Campus Sports, the Figure Skating Head Coach’s is responsible for all coaching and program management duties consistent with the operation of a successful intercollegiate sport program. OUA Figure Skating competitions include Free Skate, Ice Dance, Pairs, and Synchro events and the Head Coach should have coaching experience and/or exposure to these events. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Student‐athlete recruitment
- Team selection
- Adhering to compliance protocols
- Personnel management (Assistant coach, team manager, etc.)
- Team and individual goal setting
- Technical preparation
- Practice planning and preparation
- Competition strategy
- Program evaluation
- Regular contact with athletes
- Equipment, uniform, and apparel purchase coordination with Varsity Blues administrative staff
- Travel and accommodation coordination with Varsity Blues administrative staff
- Fundraising, budget management, and adhering to the financial policy
- Adhere to sport technical requirements of the OUA, i.e. technical meeting, coaches meeting, roster forms, etc.
- Appropriate NCCP certification
- University degree, preferably in kinesiology or physical education or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years Figure Skating coaching experience, with OUA, club, provincial, or national team programs
- Skate Canada Technical Specialist certification is considered an asset
- Ability to provide a satisfactory criminal record check
How to Apply
Please send your resume/CV with a cover letter to Denita Arthurs (Assistant Director of Athletics) via email to email@example.com .The e‐mail subject line must read: Figure Skating Head Coach – ‘Your Name’.
This is a volunteer position that is compensated by an honorarium.
Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.