The Acton Skating Club is currently seeking NCCP certified, professional coaches for the 2018-2019 season. The ASC is a not-for-profit organization run by volunteers that offers skating instruction from Pre-CanSkate to Power to StarSkate. We operate out of the Acton Arena and Community Centre which is located midway between Brampton and Guelph.
Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, collaborative-minded and enjoy working with skaters of all ages and skill levels. They will be in good standing with Skate Canada, will be trained in the new Star 1-5 program and will ideally be available Monday and Thursday evenings. A particular interest in CanSkate or Pre-Power would be an asset.
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Club Coach In-training or higher or must be a CanPowerSkate Coach
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of the required credentials as outlined above.