Established in 1974, Forest Hill Figure Skating Club is dedicated to teaching skaters of all ages. Located at the Larry Grossman Forest Hill Memorial Arena (340 Chaplin Crescent, two blocks north of Eglinton), we have a team of certified Skate Canada coaches who are dedicated to maintaining high quality programming in an enjoyable, safe and positive setting.
We are currently seeking CanSkate Certified coaches to fill positions in our Holiday Camp.
Dates: Dec 26-29 & Jan 2-4, 1:00pm- 4:00pm (3 hours/day)
You will work on-ice teaching Pre-CanSkate or CanSkate group sessions for skaters aged 2-12. You will also assist in the daily craft, game, and/or snack. (2 hours of on-ice, 1 hour of off-ice)
1) Must hold a NCCP status of Club Coach Certified or higher.
2) Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
3) In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through BackCheck and status must show as “Clear”
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training.
4) Record of experience in skating and coaching.
5) References from past employers will be required
How to Apply
Please send applications to the attention of Beverley Knight– Skating Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information can be provided by calling Krisha Parks, Office Administrator, at 416-481-7325.
Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
*Note – Coaches selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of their credentials.