The Thunder Bay Figure Skating Club is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and
passionate person to become our CanSkate Coordinator for the 2018-2019 Season.
Some of the major responsibilities of the position are:
- Communicate with parents throughout the program to ensure that the families are
informed of their child(ren)’s progress as well as important dates and events. The
CanSkate Coordinator must make themselves available to discuss questions and/or
concerns to parents.
- Work closely with coaches to create and maintain a schedule for the skaters, and
Program Assistants. Programs run three evenings per week.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the CanSkate Program in accordance with Skate
Canada’s program delivery standards.
- Work with coaches to facilitate and plan theme days throughout the year.
- Make sure rinks are stocked with supplies including signage, props, pylons, etc.
- Ensure coaches have sufficient CanSkate report cards and name tags.
- Work with coaches to train Program Assistants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dedicated to the sport of figure skating
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills to be able to work
closely with the coaches, Program Assistants and club membership
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to take initiative, and strong team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer proficiency including the use of e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet
- Desire to further knowledge with continuing education; attendance at CanSkate
University is an asset
- Current first aid certificate and police records check
This is a paid position. Salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume in confidence to Lori Knott, President of the Thunder Bay Figure Skating Club at
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday August 7, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.