The Verner Skating Club located in the West Nipissing region is recruiting a dynamic and qualified CanSkate/StarSkate Coach for the 2019/2020 fall/winter programs. Reporting to the club’s head coach, the individual will be responsible for providing quality programming that meets and exceeds delivery standards in all disciplines (Skating Skills, Dance, FreeSkate and Interpretive). Our programs run 2-3 days/week. We are looking for a coach to join our coaching team who is a team player and works well with others!
1. Must hold a NCCP status of Club Coach In-Training or higher to teach on CanSkate sessions
2. Must hold a NCCP status of Regional Coach In-Training or higher to teach on STAR sessions
3. Be a registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
4. Be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing with Skate Canada, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate.
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy.
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics.
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training. A coach must be re-certified in this training every 3 years.
5. Trained in the current STAR 1-5 programming
6. Record of experience in skating and coaching
How to Apply
If you’re interested in a position with our club, please forward your resume to email@example.com
*Note – Coaches selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of their credentials.