The Parkhill Skating Club is seeking a CanSkate Coach, (StarSkate would be an extra bonus) to teach programs in Learn to Skate and CanSkate. Our program is run in Parkhill, ON.
For the 2018/2019 season, we are looking to hire a CanSkate coach who is fun, outgoing, and innovative, who love to skate and love teaching children. The successful Coach should be comfortable working closely and communicating directly with skaters, parents and board members. The skating season runs from October to March and currently classes are held on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5-7pm.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To coach CanSkate programs
To work with current coaches to make programs fun and achievement oriented
Evaluate skaters and complete report cards for each session
- Registered: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach, full payment is required of all registration fees and insurance premiums as determined annually by Skate Canada.
- In Good Standing: To be a Registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in Good Standing, the following is required:
- Must hold a valid first aid certificate
- Screening must be done through the company approved by Skate Canada. Following review of the results of this screening, the status must show as “Clear” in the Skate Canada profile of the coach.
- Must hold a NCCP status of Club Coach: CanSkate In-training or higher
- NCCP certified coaches must maintain a renewed NCCP certification status as per the Coaching Association of Canada’s (CAC) Maintenance of Certification Policy
- Have agreed to the Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Completed the Respect in Sport Activity Leader Training
Applicants will be required to provide proof of all the above if selected for an interview.